Sunday, February 17, 2013

VALENTINES' DAY 

Hi everyone this is a re-post from Valentine's Day as somehow I lost my original post  :( 

Here is a wooden heart I made for the love of my life..... 



I started with a wooden heart (oooo sounds a bit like an Elvis song there....) and I used my Crop-o-dile to punch a hole in the top.  I then used the Tim Holtz alcohol inks to stain the wood, and wiped it over with a baby wipe to soften the colour a little.

I added some Washi tape to the bottom left and some rolled paper roses made from the Financial Times.... (I LOVE the colour of that news paper, I am not some financial whizz kid ... sadly... I just really love the colour...) and added some pearls to the centers (they are a pale green )

I stamped an image from the Chronological stamp range and tore out the bit I wanted and inked it using TH Distress ink Brushed Corduroy.... after adding the ribbon I was still thinking it needed something but didn't know what so I sent a photo to my friend ( Thank you so much Sandra Crossfield ) who suggested I tried some gilding ......  I then stamped the word LOVE over the heart using indigo blu gilding flakes and flitter glu and I think it really works .... hope you all like it 

Thank you for stopping by it means a lot to me 
Tina xxx



Here are the challenges I would like to enter 






5 comments:

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Fab project, I bet the recipient loved it too.. Px

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the colours and images you have used
Lindsay xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

This really is beautiful. I love the collage look of it and the image :-)

Hugs Lisa xxxxx

MyCraftWorld said...

Hi Tina,
did you enter this lovely creation in to Emergency Crafters? I know you lost your original post.
It is absolutely lovely, I am sure your other half loved it! Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters!
~Lucy x

Karen Willis said...

I love, love, love this hon, and I bet the recipient did too xx

Blog Archive